As you bring a baby into this world, it becomes your responsibility to ensure their comfort and protection. Babies are not “miniature adults” and their needs are vastly different from ours. Every new mother is met with crossroads at every point in her baby shopping experience. It can be confusing as there are plenty of brands available, and it would be overwhelming to choose one.
So, here we have rounded up a list of the top 10 disposable diapers available in India, along with their pros and cons.
- Pampers Premium Care Pants
- MamyPoko Pants Extra Absorb
- Huggies Wonderpants
- Himalaya Total Care Baby Diapers
- Papimo Baby Diapers
- Supples Baby Pants
- Bella Baby Happy Diapers
- Pigeon Ultra Premium Baby Diaper Pants
- Libero Comfort Baby Diapers
- MeeMee Premium Breathable Diapers
1. Pamper Premium Care Pants
Pampers is a name no mother is unfamiliar with. It has become synonymous with baby diapers, and the most popular choice among many mothers. The brand produces diapers of top-notch quality and believes in building a healthy environment for the baby’s development. Pampers Premium Pants come with a cotton-like soft fabric.
I would highly recommend this diaper, as the brand is highly reputed, trustworthy and a very popular choice among many households.
- Reputed Brand
- All around fit adjusts to the baby’s movements and provides flexibility.
- The three air channels allow the baby’s skin to breathe.
- The cotton-like material lets the humid air out and fresh air in.
- Breathable dryness can be achieved with easy airflow.
- Aloe Vera Lotion prevents skin irritation.
- Side tear is available for easy removal.
- The disposable tape gives ease of discarding the diaper without any hassle.
- It can be a little on the expensive side
2. MamyPoko Pants Extra Absorb
Another popular diaper brand that is slowly gaining traction among Indian households, MamyPoko Pants radiates a sense of warmth and care in their outlook. Their products are of high quality and a popular favourite of many mothers. Their diapers have a crisscross absorbent sheet that allows up to 7 glasses of liquid to be absorbed.
- Very good absorbency
- Diaper does not get heavy even upon being soaked
- The stretchable thigh support of the diaper prevents thigh gaps and hence prevents leakage.
- Easy to wear
- Colourful designs
- No wetness indicator on the diaper
- It has only one layer of cotton
- Sideways leakage may occur
3. Huggies Wonderpants
Huggies is another very popular diaper brand that has gained much acclamation in India. Their diapers are of the best quality and have been in the market for plenty of years, which makes these a very trustable and reliable option. These overnight diapers can provide ultimate comfort to your baby at night.
- Trustworthy brand
- Super stretchy elastic that adapts to a baby’s waist and fits comfortably.
- The double leak guard feature helps prevent leakage and ensures dryness for up to 12 hours.
- The 3-D Bubble-Bed as the inside layer in these diapers offers cotton-like softness to a baby and traps runny poo, thus keeping the surface of the diaper dry.
- They have an air-fresh cover which can prevent diaper rashes.
- Absorption power has degraded recently
- Pants should be higher from the back
4. Himalaya Total Care Baby Diapers
For the people of India, Himalaya is not a new name. It is a traditional brand that has been providing us with safe, herbal and reliable products at a very affordable rate, This diaper from Himalaya is enriched with natural ingredients, like-Yashada bhasma, which keeps your baby free from any kind of irritation. The anti-rash formula present in it does not allow the growth of microbes.
- They are wide enough for easy wearability
- The anti-rash formula prevents diaper rashes
- The material is very soft and comfortable
- Easy to remove
- Wetness indicator strip present
- The threads can be pulled out easily from the diaper
- There is a gap near the thigh portion
5. Papimo Baby Pants With Aloe Vera
A relatively new name to the Indian market, Papimo diapers are now rising in popularity. These diapers are infused with Aloe vera and come with a super-lock gel that locks wetness away and neutralizes rashes.It is cottony soft and extremely comfortable for the baby.
- Aloe vera with super-lock gel that locks wetness away and prevents rashes
- Wetness indicator that lets you know when the diaper is full
- Easy to pull up and remove
- Upto 12 hours of absorption
- Made from non woven, soft and breathable material for your baby ultimate comfort
- Sizes are different as compared to regular diaper sizes
6. Supples Baby Pants
Supples Baby Pants is another perfect solution that can keep your baby comfortable all day and night with extra care. The gentle cottony-soft material is apt for the soft skin of your baby. The product is also equipped with a Zig-Zag channel system at the top layer that creates a larger absorbing surface and helps in even distribution of the liquid. A hydrophilic magnetic gel is present in the lower part of the diaper which helps to absorb the liquid very fast to make your infant feel dry.
- Easy to wear and remove
- Provides snug fit and is comfortable on the sensitive baby skin
- The goodness of aloe vera prevents rashes
- Material is soft to touch
- Controls the leakage properly
- There is no smell like other diapers
- Quality could be better
- Babies may develop a rash after 8 hours of usage
- The cotton on the inside may ball up after being wet
- Size is little smaller
7. Bella Baby Happy Diapers
Bella is a European brand that was introduced in India in 2017. This brand aims at creating happy moments for the baby and the mother by providing rash-free conditions, with its Bella Baby Happy range. They are featured with a cutting edge diaper-rash free system, and also have green tea extracts which provide an anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory effect.
I would highly suggest picking up this product, especially for babies who have sensitive skin and are prone to get rashes.
- Rash-free experience
- Green tea extracts give an anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial effect
- Skin friendly latex and chlorine free components
- Gentle gathers on both sides of a diaper hold the moisture inside and prevent leakages
- Elastic tapes guarantee freedom of movement with no pressure on baby’s delicate skin
- Symmetrical pictures in front of a diaper enable proper fastening
- The adhesive seems to be a bit poor.
- The wetness indicator is unavailable in medium to large sizes.
8. Pigeon Ultra Premium Baby Diaper Pants
Pigeon is a Japanese company, established in 1957. The brand has some strong ethics and believes in improving the experience of parenthood by safe and reliable products for the baby. The brand is committed to delivering excellence when it comes to the quality of products.
This diaper would be ideal for babies with sensitive skin.
- Great absorbency
- Very soft and comfortable material
- Breathable material
- It prevents diaper rashes
- Price is quite high
- It can tug on the baby’s thighs
9. Libero Comfort Baby Diapers
Libero is a brand that has been producing baby diapers for over 50 years, with the goal of providing the baby utmost comfort and functionality. Libero Comfort Baby Diapers are enriched with natural elements which makes it skin-friendly for the baby. These disposable diapers are among the best for babies with sensitive skin in India. It is lightweight and provides good air circulation.
It is also enriched with aloe vera, vitamin E, chamomile, and olive oil.
- The posterior side is white to observe the colour of the stool
- A green gel is present on the front side to absorb urine
- The diapers are well designed and made with good material
- Minimal Leakage
- Skin friendly and prevents diaper rash
- Elastic is comfortable
- Not available in pant form
- It can be a little loose
10. MeeMee Premium Breathable Diapers
Mee Mee is a recognized brand leader in the category of baby products. By providing us with high quality, durable efficient products, they have certainly built their reputation in the industry. These diapers from MeeMee are highly absorbent, ultra-thin and are made of premium quality breathable material for added comfort.
- Cloth-like fabric which provides comfort
- Stretchable leg-cuffs enable better fit around the thighs and enable free movement
- Super absorbent polymers have a strong leak-lock system which turns liquids into gel and absorb multiple wettings, giving a dry and fresh feel
- Easy to spot wetness indicator line
- Leaking issues
- Absorbency is not great